Monday, June 4, 2007

Scary moment

Ok. So I have been able to go out and run, off the support of the treadmill, outside with the real people watching. Well, today, I got home from my training and told Mr. V, I was outta here and going to get my daily exercise in. On the way out, I put on my iPod...... Ms. J decided to follow me out the door, to walk me to the sidewalk. I gave her a hug, and told her to go back in with daddy. Well, I thought she did, after all, she was walking back that way. I turned up the iPod and went on my merry little way. Had I not had the iPod on so loudly, I might have heard her....... I went about my business, not ever looking back. You can guess where this is going....... She decided to go for a little walk after me........ In the middle of the street....... Mr. V, well, it took him a while to figure out that she wasn't in the house. Why you ask????? Well, he was watching TV. I do admit that sometimes she escapes under my watch, but she doesn't get as far as she did today. She walked all the way down to our friends house, which is a good two/three blocks away from our house. Luckily, a kind neighbor saw her and tried to guide her home. By that time, Mr. V realized she was gone and jumped in the truck. He found her. THANK GOD!!!! I don't think I could have lived with myself, if something would have happened to her. I don't think I would have ever been forgiven either. Note to self, walk child back to the door and make sure she gets back in before turning iPod on and running..................

1 comment:

JenyB said...

Running?!?! You're my hero! I think I'm inspired to run tomorrow.