Friday, August 10, 2007

Long time.......

It has been a long time since I have been on here. I guess that there was way too much to be done when I got home. I thought that I would come home and the house would be clean, etc. But Of course not! That is another story!!!! Since we have been home, tons of things have been happening!

1). A has been super sick. About a week after we got back from Nana and Papa's, he was playing with his daddy. Well, he ended up somehow, hurting his neck. This in turn put him into what they call a tonic seizure. Well, that is what they think happened. We called 911, etc. so, he has had an EEG and will have a MRI on the 20th. Meanwhile, he ended up in the ER with a high fever and some virus that lasted over 10 days. We went to the Dr. and it turns out it was an ear infection....... But he ran fever for over 10 days. So, J and I had to sit around the house so A could get better. How exciting!! Needless to say, the fever is gone, but the attitude is back...... Will keep you posted on the results of both the EEG and the MRI. Hopefully, they are nothing....

2). Chelsea the dog has been sick also. She has been having these "episodes" of complete loss of control of her body and total confusion. This mainly happens after we have been throwing the ball. I know, I know, it is too hot to have the dog out and throwing the ball. Believe me, we NEVER throw the ball in the heat of the day!!! We always threw it in the early morning, and anyone who knows A, we are up at the crack of dawn..... Or we throw late at night, after the sun has gone down. So, we would throw for not even 5 minutes and she would be come disoriented and collapse. Sometimes, she would hide herself in a corner. Very scary to watch. Well, we took her to our vet. They said that she had an upper respiratory infection and put her on some antibiotics. They also ran a full blood panel just to rule out anything else. Blood was good, but we were still having episodes. We didn't throw the ball for a while, until she was done with the pills. She still had an episode. Called the vet, they sent us to a neurologist. UGH!!! Turns out all she has is something called "exercise induced collapse in labs." No other fancy name than that. So our poor dog can't retireve.

3). J is fine. She has a bigger and better attitude..... Gotta love her though for being so strong willed! Some days are harder than others...... :-) She will start Pre-K in the fall, so we are busy getting together school stuff for her. She is very picky, so I hope she will be fine with the uniform.... I feel bad for her that she had to sit around with her brother sick, but we found things to do. She is VERY good at putting together an ABC puzzle now...... She can swim all by herself now, and is realizing that it is much better to do that, than hang on her mamma.

Well, there it is in a nutshell. I know that I am missing somethings, if I remember, I will post later. Also, when I download the pictures from our trip, I will post those too!

No comments: