Saturday, January 27, 2007

Long week


Ok. So you thought I was tired last Sunday. I shouldn't have been so mad at A. He really didn't feel good. I will never win the mother of the year award. On Friday, the 19th(?), A woke up with a terrible headache. Well, I knew he wasn't faking it this time. He felt really warm and was holding his head. He didn't even want to eat. I gave him some Motrin and said, "buck up lil camper, you'll be fine." He went to school, I had my cell phone on this time, on my hip, because last time he got sick at school, they couldn't get a hold of someone...... Mr. V sleeps like a rock..... So, I figured things were all good when they didn't call. I went to pick him up and Mrs. H said that he woke up from nap not feeling well. We went to put a deposit on the place for his b-day party and he was shivering. Not a good sign. Went to pick Jenna up and when we got home, A had a 103.9 fever. Down the Motrin and hit the sack. He woke up on Sat. and we went to the Dr. Just a virus they said. Well, by Tuesday he still wasn't any better, had lost his voice and had a terrible cough. So we headed back in. Pnemonia. Poor baby. He is doing better now and I keep thinking to myself, if I wouldn't have been selfish on Friday and let him rest, we wouldn't have had a sick one this week. He has missed a whole week of school because of it...... So, don't put my name in for Mother of the Year. I am also just thanking my lucky stars that we didn't have to do another hospital visit. I wouldn't have been able to handle that!

Any ideas out there on how to make a dog quit scratching and licking her paws? I love my dog, but geez, I don't remember Bullet(may he rest in peace) licking and chewing his paws as much as this dog does...... Here is a picture for you to enjoy! Isn't she precious!?

1 comment:

JenyB said...

Sheba does the same thing--all night long. Drives us nuts. Rick has to sleep with the pillow on his head to not hear her lick and lick and chew her paws!!! PS--You are a FANTASTIC mother. Don't beat yourself up.